My motivation to invent Mike’s Vertical Grill came from the desire to eliminate carcinogens during grilling. Carcinogens become present when fat drips onto hot coals and flares up, causing carcinogens to adhere to meats. I realized that if food could be grilled in a vertical position with two veins of charcoal on either side of the food, the fat would drip past the coals. And by adding a water pan to the bottom of the grill, the fat would drop into the pan, allowing for easy clean up, and more importantly, virtually eliminating flare ups and the dangerous carcinogens they produce.
After experimenting with this design, I soon found other wonderful benefits to this grill, namely:
- Food grills in half the time or less of a conventional grill!
- Meats are seared on both sides simultaneously, allowing juices to be retained in the meats while the fat drips down into the water pan!
- There’s rarely any smoke!
- Brings out the delicious flavor of the food like no other grill!
- It’s portable yet extremely productive. Small, compact size easy to take wherever you go. Will grill twice as much food compared to grills its size!
- And, of course, virtually no flare ups!
Plus, while you are grilling vertically on Mike’s Vertical Grill, you can also utilize the top of the unit as a traditional grill which gives you more than double the cooking area of a traditional grill.
I’m extremely proud when I hear people say that they’ll never go back to the traditional way of grilling after using Mike’s Vertical Grill. Whether you’re male or female, a professional chef or a backyard grilling enthusiast, please try my grill and decide for yourself. After tasting the heavenly food cooked on Mike’s Vertical Grill, I’m confident it will forever change your mind about grilling.