Whether your outdoor activities include tailgating, camping, picnics or just grilling in the backyard, Mike’s Vertical Grill is the perfect tool for the job. It’s portable, easy to use, easy to clean, and of course – it grills food to perfection, leaving your favorite meats tender and juicy. In addition to Mike’s Vertical Grill, there are a few other items that will make your tailgating/outdoor experience more enjoyable.
This list contains the major things that will help you have a fun and successful tailgate, but don’t forget about plates, cups, utensils, paper towels and your food and refreshments.
- Grill Tool Set
- A grilling set is an essential item to have when tailgating. When you have the right tools, your grilling becomes a breeze
- Instant Read Thermometer
- Food safety is a must when cooking food and this thermometer will help ensure that everything is cooked to a safe temperature.
Portable Kitchen Table
- A portable kitchen table provides a place to set Mike’s Vertical Grill, to prep food and even serve the feast. I prefer this camp style table because it has a place to put a paper towel roll and even provide shelves for condiments.
- You will need at least one cooler for your meats and for your drinks. I recommend having two so that you can keep your meat and drinks separate.
- When the sun is out it’s nice to be able to stand in the shade. A canopy like this is large enough to cover your cooking area as well as a few chairs. But don’t forget sunscreen for the game..
Entertaining games are always a great addition to a good tailgate. These three games are always popular at tailgates.
- Portable Cornhole
- Ladder Ball
- Portable Beer Pong Table
Water Resistant/Weatherproof Bluetooth Speakers
I love being able to listen to music while I’m tailgating with friends but using your car radio will wear down your battery. Bluetooth speakers are the perfect solution.. You can also listen to the radio broadcasts of other games that you can find on your phone.
- UE Boom
- TDK Life on Record
- Having a few folding chairs on hand makes eating easier, and makes for a more comfortable tailgate. I recommend having a few extras for friends that drop by.
While this list isn’t comprehensive, hopefully it gives you some ideas on preparing and having a successful tailgating/outdoor experience. Of course, if you have Mike’s Vertical Grill and some tasty cuts of meats ready to grill, you’re already halfway there…